Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Port-au-Prince, which is also known for its live music and waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views, art, and bars.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in Port-au-Prince
- The closest major airport is in Port-au-Prince (PAP-Toussaint Louverture Intl.), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port-au-Prince
The city is well known for its live music and art, and cultural venues include National Pantheon Museum, Museum of Haitian Art, and Jane Barbancourt Castle. The city is notable for landmarks like Champs de Mars Square, National Palace, and Port-au-Prince Cathedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: La Visite National Park, Raymond Les Bains, and Bassins Bleu.
In Port-au-Prince, there are 113 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bel Fle Missions Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- B & B COMFY INN - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Karibe Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Port-au-Prince
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- About 47.82 inches of rain falls on Port-au-Prince each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 68°F