Find Hotels in Porto Alegre
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Apr 15, 2018
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 3, 2018
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 17, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2019
Where to stay in Porto Alegre
Visiting Porto Alegre
Visitors can enjoy all that Porto Alegre has to offer including the parks and cafés. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its rich culture. Top sights in the city include Moinhos de Vento Park, Porto Alegre Public Market, and Rio Grande do Sul Museum of Art.
- There are 192 hotels and other accommodations in Porto Alegre
- The closest major airport is in Porto Alegre (POA-Salgado Filho Intl.), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Caxias do Sul (CXJ-Aeroporto Hugo Cantergiani), 53.1 mi (85.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Porto Alegre
Cultural venues in the city include Rio Grande do Sul Museum of Art, Sao Pedro Theater, and Post and Telegraph Offices. The city is notable for landmarks like Guaiba Bridge, Praca do Aviao, and Usina do Gasometro Cultural Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Moinhos de Vento Park, Shiga Park, and Porto Alegre Botanical Garden.
In Porto Alegre, you'll find 192 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Locanda Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Ideal features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an indoor pool.
- POA Eco Hostel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hostel. This 2-star hostel in Cidade Baixa features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Deville Prime Porto Alegre - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Porto Alegre include Porto Alegre Public Market and Beira-Rio Stadium.
Getting Around Porto Alegre
You can access metro transit at Niteroi Uniritter Station, Anchieta Station, and Fatima Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Porto Alegre
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 65°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- Porto Alegre gets about 51.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 52°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Porto Alegre?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Porto Alegre, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Porto Alegre?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Porto Alegre?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Centro Historico?
What's the best accommodation in Moinhos de Vento?
What's the best accommodation for families in Porto Alegre?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Porto Alegre?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Porto Alegre?
What's the best place to stay with easy access to Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul?
What about the best place to stay close to Iguatemi Shopping Porto Alegre?
Recent reviews of Porto Alegre hotels
More trip options
- Porto Alegre Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Porto Alegre Airports
- Hotels in Porto Alegre Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Porto Alegre Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Porto Alegre
- More Hotel Options in Porto Alegre
- More Popular Hotels in Rio Grande do Sul
- Other Hotels near Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends