Visitors can enjoy all that Prentiss has to offer including the golf courses and parks. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Prentiss
- The closest major airport is in Laurel, MS (PIB-Hattiesburg - Laurel Regional), 33.1 mi (53.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jackson, MS (JAN-Evers Intl.), 50.6 mi (81.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Prentiss
A couple of favorite places to visit are Lions Club Park and Prentiss Country Club. Additionally, you'll find Lawrence County Civic Center & Regional History Museum and Grand Paradise Waterpark in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Western Motel - Prentiss - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Prentiss
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Prentiss is 60.51 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F