Visitors give high marks for the seaside in Protaras, which is also known for its entertainment choices and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, live music, and cocktail bars. A top sight in the area is Ayia Napa Monastery.
- You'll find 1018 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Larnaca
- The closest major airport is in Larnaca (LCA-Larnaca Intl.), 25.4 mi (40.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Protaras
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Sunrise Beach, Fig Tree Bay, and Protaras Coastal Promenade. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Profitis Elias Church and Kalamies Beach.
In Protaras, there are 397 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Amadora Luxury Villas - This 5-star villa features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- St. Elias Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Sunrise Pearl Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
A popular place to see outside the city is Ayia Napa Monastery, located 3 mi (4.8 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Protaras
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- About 20.20 inches of rain falls on Protaras each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 45°F