Visitors can enjoy all that Kohukohu has to offer including the art, waterfront, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kerikeri (KKE-Bay of Islands), 21.6 mi (34.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kaitaia (KAT), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kohukohu
Places to visit in the larger region include Wairere Boulders, Opononi Beach, and Omapere Beach. In the area, you'll also find Pakia Hill Lookout and Mitimiti Beach.
As you plan your trip to Kohukohu, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 20 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Waterviews & Easy Living. A Family Friendly Space is located 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the heart of Kohukohu. This 4-star hotel in Omapere features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Copthorne Hotel and Resort Hokianga is 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from central Kohukohu. This 3-star motel in Kaitaia features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. Our customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Northerner is 23.9 mi (38.4 km) from the center of Kohukohu. This 2.5-star motel in Opononi features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Kohukohu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kohukohu is 49.25 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 46°F