Visiting Rio Rancho
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rio Rancho, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and festivals. Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, Old Town Plaza, and New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 302 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Albuquerque
- The closest major airport is in Albuquerque, NM (ABQ-Albuquerque Intl. Sunport), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rio Rancho
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like J&R Vintage Auto Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Santa Ana Star Center to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Rio Rancho. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Quality Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, 9.1 mi/14.6 km from the heart of the city, and Old Town Plaza, which is 10.1 mi/16.2 km away.
Dressing for Rio Rancho
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Rio Rancho gets about 10.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 24°F