Travelers to Tijeras will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include National Hispanic Cultural Center and ABQ BioPark Zoo.
- You'll find 302 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Albuquerque
- The closest major airport is in Albuquerque, NM (ABQ-Albuquerque Intl. Sunport), 17 mi (27.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Fe, NM (SAF-Santa Fe Municipal), 46.4 mi (74.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tijeras
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include National Hispanic Cultural Center and ABQ BioPark Zoo. In the area, you'll also find Makarios Ranch and Wildlife West Nature Park.
As you plan your trip to Tijeras, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 291 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Wyndham Albuquerque Hotel & Conference Center is 17.9 mi (28.9 km) from central Tijeras. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Albuquerque can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Albuquerque Midtown is located 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the heart of Tijeras. This 2.5-star hotel in Albuquerque features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is 19.7 mi (31.6 km) from the center of Tijeras. This 3.5-star hotel in Albuquerque features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, 20.7 mi/33.3 km from the city center, and Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, which is 20.7 mi (33.4 km) away.
Dressing for Tijeras
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 15°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tijeras is 13.50 inches
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 16°F