Visitors can enjoy all that Rooiels has to offer including the coral reefs, forests, and seafood restaurants. There are 207 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Rooiels
A favorite place to visit in the city is Kogelberg Nature Reserve. You'll also find Pringle Bay Beach and Kogel Bay Beach in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Rooiels, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 42 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Wonderlings B and B is located in the heart of Rooiels. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Greater Hermanus features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- NH The Lord Charles Hotel is 0.2 mi (0.4 km) from the center of Rooiels. This 4-star hotel in Cape Town features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- African Pride Arabella Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection is located 16.2 mi (26 km) from the heart of Rooiels. This 5-star hotel in Greater Hermanus features a full-service spa, a golf course, and free breakfast. Our customers like its pool and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Rooiels
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Rooiels each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F