Rumford Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from more than 108 hotels and other lodging options in Rumford, though you'll find just 4 inexpensive motels. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can make the most of what Rumford has to offer. Top sights to visit include Sunday River.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was invented in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have outdoor access to guestrooms from the parking lot.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' recommended Rumford motels to choose from:
The Inn at the Rostay
- Stay within a short 8-minute drive of Sunday River.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
River View Resort
- Free WiFi and a game room are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a kitchen.
- It's located within a short 7-minute drive of Sunday River.
West Bethel Motel
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 17 minutes of Sunday River.
Mountain Village Lodge
- It's located within a short 8-minute drive of Sunday River.
- Laundry facilities along with freebies like WiFi, parking, and an area shuttle are available during your stay.
Things to Do in Rumford
Visitors to Rumford have good things to say about its ski slopes, riverfront, and mountain landscape. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Rumford Falls
- Howard Pond
To learn about the area's history, take time to see:
- Dr. Moses Mason House
- Lovejoy Bridge
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Sunday River
- Sunday River Golf Club
- Grafton Notch State Park
Rumford is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Rumford
Determine the optimal time to visit Rumford by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 46° F and nighttime temperatures average 7° F
- April-June: 78° F is the daytime average and 27° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 63° F during the day and 11° F at night
- Average rainfall is 45.04 inches in a year
How to Get to Rumford and Around the Area
|Auburn, ME (LEW-Auburn - Lewiston Municipal) ||Airport ||35.9 mi (57.8 km) |
|Augusta, ME (AUG-Augusta State) ||Airport ||39.9 mi (64.2 km) |
|Waterville, ME (WVL-Robert Lafleur) ||Airport ||42.4 mi (68.2 km) |