Visitors to Bethel are sure to enjoy the ski areas, riverfront, and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours and mountain views.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rumford
- The closest major airport is in Fryeburg, ME (FRY-Eastern Slopes Regional), 30 mi (48.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Auburn, ME (LEW-Auburn - Lewiston Municipal), 35.1 mi (56.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bethel
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Bethel Hill Common. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dr. Moses Mason House and Bethel Historical Society.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Bethel. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holidae House Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- THE JOLLY DRAYMAN PUB AT THE BRIAR LEA INN - Our customers like the convenient parking and proximity to shopping at this inn. This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- River View Resort - This 2.5-star motel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Wildcat Mountain Ski Area, located 24.3 mi (39.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Mount Washington State Park, which is 27.1 mi/43.6 km away.
Dressing for Bethel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 11°F at night
- Bethel gets about 45.04 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 10°F