Those traveling to Sakae are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Around the area, top sights include Jigokudani Monkey Park, Mt. Naeba Ski Resort, and Joshinetsu Kogen National Park. You'll find 452 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nagano.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sakae
A couple of favorite places to visit are Kiriake Hot Springs and Mount Naeba. In the area, you'll also find Jigokudani Monkey Park and Mt. Naeba Ski Resort.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sakae, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 54 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Kusatsu Onsen Boun is 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the center of Sakae. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star ryokan in Kusatsu can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and central location.
- APA Hotel & Resort Jyoetsu Myoko is 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from central Sakae. This 3-star hotel in Myoko features a golf course, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Shibu Hotel is located 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from the heart of Sakae. Guests who stay at this 4-star ryokan in Yamanouchi can enjoy access to a restaurant and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Joshinetsu Kogen National Park, located 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Sakae
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- Sakae gets about 44.68 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F