Families will find kid-friendly activities in Salisbury, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, museums, and university setting.
- You'll find 25 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lexington - Salisbury
- The closest major airport is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salisbury
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Rowan Museum, Dr. Josephus Hall House, and North Carolina Transportation Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Spencer Doll and Toy Museum and Crescent Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Salisbury. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Salisbury - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salisbury - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Salisbury - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Salisbury
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Salisbury Station. Salisbury might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Salisbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 42.05 inches of rain falls on Salisbury each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 29°F