Visiting Samut Prakan
Visitors can enjoy all that Samut Prakan has to offer including the temples, gardens, and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo. Top sights around the area include Odeon Circle, Wat Arun, and Wat Pho.
- You'll find 2847 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bangkok
- The closest major airport is in Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangkok (DMK-Don Mueang Intl.), 25.2 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Samut Prakan
Favorite places to visit in the city include Muang Boran, Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm and Zoo, and Erawan Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Samrong Market and Imperial World Samrong.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Samut Prakan. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Theorie Hotel Sukhumvit 107 - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Bang Na can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Coco Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Bang Na features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Color Living Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Odeon Circle, 15.5 mi/25 km from the heart of the city, and Wat Arun, which is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away.
Getting Around Samut Prakan
Head to Samrong BTS Station to catch metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Samut Prakan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 94°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 95°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 68°F at night
- About 54.61 inches of rain falls on Samut Prakan each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 69°F