Visiting San Giovanni Rotondo
Visitors to San Giovanni Rotondo are sure to enjoy the temples, monuments, and churches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. A top sight in the area is Gargano National Park.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in San Giovanni Rotondo
- The closest major airport is in Foggia (FOG-Gino Lisa), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Giovanni Rotondo
Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Sanctuary of Santa Maria delle Grazie and Padre Pio Pilgrimage Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Padre Pio Wax Museum and Padre Pio Square.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in San Giovanni Rotondo. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Leon - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Le Terrazze sul Gargano - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Vittoria - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Duomo Lucera, located 24.5 mi (39.4 km) from the city center, and Gargano National Park, which is 12 mi/19.3 km away.
Dressing for San Giovanni Rotondo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for San Giovanni Rotondo is 18.78 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F