Visitors can enjoy all that Mattinata has to offer including the waterfront, parks, and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. A top sight in the area is Gargano National Park.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Mattinata
- The closest major airport is in Foggia (FOG-Gino Lisa), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mattinata
The city's natural beauty is on display at Baia dei Mergoli, Vignanotica Beach, and Gargano Promontory. Additionally, you might want to add Port of Mattinata to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Mattinata. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Il Porto - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Hotel Baia delle Zagare - Our customers like the location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Villa Scapone - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its room size.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Gargano National Park, 11.4 mi/18.3 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Mattinata
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Mattinata gets about 18.78 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F