Visiting Santo Domingo
Visitors can enjoy all that Santo Domingo has to offer including its beaches. Top sights in the area include Casa Mirador de Lukas, Estadio Sausalito, and Quinta Vergara Amphitheatre. You'll find 570 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Vina del Mar.
Sightseeing and Staying in Santo Domingo
A favorite place to visit in the city is Rocas de Santo Domingo Beach. Additionally, you'll find San Antonio Port in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Santo Domingo, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 15 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Casa Loreto Santo Domingo is located 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the heart of Santo Domingo. This 3-star hotel in Matanzas features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Departamento Rocas de Santo Domingo is 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the center of Santo Domingo. This 3.5-star hotel in San Antonio features a casino, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Casa Gazmuri Santo Domingo is 11.5 mi (18.4 km) from central Santo Domingo. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in El Tabo can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool.
Dressing for Santo Domingo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 62°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- About 0.31 inches of rain falls on Santo Domingo each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F