Find Motels in Schenectady
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Featured Motels in Schenectady
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Schenectady
The Landing Hotel at Rivers Casino & Resort
Reviewed on Jan 9, 2021
Homewood Suites By Hilton Schenectady
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2021
Comfort Inn & Suites Schenectady - Scotia
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2021
Schenectady Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 21 hotels and other lodging choices in Schenectady, though there are only 2 low-cost motels. These cheaper accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
By saving on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Schenectady. Not-to-be-missed sights include Rivers Casino & Resort in Schenectady, as well as Washington Park and Albany Institute of History and Art in the area.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was conceived in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often one or two stories tall, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of our customers’ favorite Schenectady motels to select from:
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of Rivers Casino & Resort.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay.
- It's located within a quick 4-minute drive of Rivers Casino & Resort.
What to Do in SchenectadyIn this family-friendly area, check out the theater scene and enjoy the riverfront while you're sightseeing. People visiting Schenectady speak highly of its restaurants.
Here are favorite places in and around Schenectady:
- Rivers Casino & Resort
- Washington Park
- Albany Institute of History and Art
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller Empire State Plaza
- Saratoga Spa State Park
- Congress Park
Some landmarks to see in the area include:
- The Egg
- New York State Capitol Building
- Mabee Farm Historic Site
Schenectady is also known for its:
- University life
Best Time to Visit SchenectadyDetermine the optimal time to visit Schenectady by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 14° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 32° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 16° F at night
- Average rainfall is 39.41 inches in a year
How to Get to Schenectady and Around the Area
|Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County)||Airport||3 mi (4.8 km)|
|Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.)||Airport||8.2 mi (13.2 km)|
|Hudson, NY (HCC-Columbia County)||Airport||37.7 mi (60.7 km)|
|Schenectady Station||Train Station||0.1 mi (0.2 km)|