Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Troy, which is also known for its university setting and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. The Egg, New York State Museum, and Palace Theater are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 139 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County), 14.4 mi (23.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Troy
Cultural venues in the city include Arts Center of the Capital Region, Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, and Rensselaer County Historical Society and Museum. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Russell Sage College and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center and Poestenkill Falls.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Troy. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Troy - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Olde Judge Mansion - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this B&B. With a stay at this 2-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Franklin Square Inn Troy/Albany - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include The Egg, 6.4 mi/10.4 km from the city center, and New York State Museum, which is 6.7 mi/10.8 km away.
Dressing for Troy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Troy is 39.41 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°F