Visiting Scotch Plains
Visitors can enjoy all that Scotch Plains has to offer including the shopping, golf courses, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theme park. A top sight in the area is Prudential Center.
- You'll find 98 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Somerset
- The closest major airport is in Linden, NJ (LDJ), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Scotch Plains
Favorite places to visit in the city include Shackamaxon Country Club, Ashbrook Golf Course, and Bowcraft Amusement Park. Additionally, you'll find Prudential Center in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Scotch Plains, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 92 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street is located 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the heart of Scotch Plains. This 4-star hotel in New York features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport is 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the center of Scotch Plains. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Newark can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
- World Center Hotel is 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from central Scotch Plains. This 4-star hotel in New York features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and convenient parking.
Dressing for Scotch Plains
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Scotch Plains is 46.26 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F