Visitors can enjoy all that Plainfield has to offer including the restaurants and shopping. A top sight in the area is Prudential Center.
- You'll find 98 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Somerset
- The closest major airport is in Linden, NJ (LDJ), 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manville, NJ (JVI-Central Jersey Regional), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Plainfield
Prudential Center is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Plainfield Country Club and Ashbrook Golf Course in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Plainfield, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 103 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport is 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from central Plainfield. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Newark can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
- Hotel Executive Suites is located 9.4 mi (15.2 km) from the heart of Plainfield. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Carteret can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the center of Plainfield. This 3.5-star hotel in Newark features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to the airport.
Getting Around Plainfield
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Plainfield Station or Plainfield Netherwood Station. Plainfield may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Plainfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- Plainfield gets about 48.90 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F