Find Hotels in Shannon
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 23, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 16, 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Shannon, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene, live music scene, and entertainment choices. Tourists who journey to this quaint city can discover its golf courses, university setting, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include The Treaty Stone, King John's Castle, and St. Mary's Cathedral.
- There are 310 hotels and other accommodations in Shannon
- The closest major airport is in Shannon (SNN), 11.3 mi (18.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry), 51.6 mi (83 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shannon
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Grange Stone Circle, University Concert Hall, and Quin Abbey. Attractions like Roller Jam, Angela's Ashes Walking Tour, and Lahinch Seaworld are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include The Treaty Stone, King John's Castle, and St. Mary's Cathedral.
In Shannon, there are 310 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Spanish Point House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- The Tides B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with free WiFi.
- The Bedford Townhouse & Café - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Limerick City Centre can enjoy access to a fitness center and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Shannon include Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, Skycourt Shopping Centre, and Kilmacduagh.
Getting Around Shannon
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Limerick Station, Sixmilebridge Station, or Castleconnell Station. Shannon might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.