Visiting Shepherds Flat
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Shepherds Flat has to offer. There are 355 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 49.1 mi (79 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 53.5 mi (86.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Shepherds Flat
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm. In the area, you'll also find Laurie Sullivan Reserve and Mt Franklin.
As you make plans for a getaway to Shepherds Flat, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 318 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel is located within 3.1 mi (5.1 km) of the city center. This 3.5-star hotel in Hepburn Springs features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Bellinzona Grange Country Retreat is located 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city center. This 4-star guesthouse in Hepburn Springs features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Hepburn Springs Motor Inn is 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star motel in Hepburn Springs can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and convenient parking.
Dressing for Shepherds Flat
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Shepherds Flat is 0.79 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F