Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Dec 29, 2018
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 1, 2020
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Sigiriya, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's safari tours and cocktail bars. Top sights around the area include Ancient City of Sigiriya and Dambulla Cave Temple. In Sigiriya, there are 105 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sigiriya
Notable city landmarks like Ancient City of Sigiriya and Pidurangala Rock might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Sigiriya Museum to your agenda.
In Sigiriya, you'll find 105 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Water Garden Sigiriya - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its spacious and clean rooms.
- Jetwing Vil Uyana - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Cassandra Culture Resort - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Dambulla Cave Temple, 9.3 mi/15 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Sigiriya
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 91°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sigiriya is 2.44 inches
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F