Feel as though you're having a few too many late nights and shopping sprees? Repent for your indulgent vacation behavior with a bit of culture at Somerset Historical Center.
It's in Johnstown. If you're staying in the state capital, Harrisburg, you'll need to cover 120 miles to get there.
There are about 10 hotels that are a mere 6 miles from Somerset Historical Center. Some good choices are the Holiday Inn Express Somerset and Hampton Inn Somerset.
Some travelers will be glad to hear that this area has a few budget hotels. Some establishments that come highly recommended include the Super 8 Somerset and the Days Inn Somerset.
Other Places to Visit near Somerset Historical Center
Before you pack your bags, check out some of the other things to do in the area:
- During an excursion to Quecreek Mine Rescue Site, ponder over the danger of working deep beneath the ground.
- The concept of visiting a cemetery as a tourism attraction could be thought of as a bit heavy, but Somerset County Memorial Park attracts many visitors due to its historical and cultural value.
- You can sample local wines at Glades Pike Winery, discover where the very grapes you drink were sourced, and while you're there, you can also buy a few of your favorites to take home to your loved ones.
- Take some time to immerse yourself in the gorgeous greenery at Kooser State Park. To make the most of your time there, be sure to go for a stroll, or perhaps even a longer hike.
- Step outside and enjoy the beautiful surroundings at Laurel Hill State Park. To make the most of your time in this magical location, be sure to go for a bit of a stroll around the walking trails.