Visiting South Fork
Visitors to South Fork are sure to enjoy the ski areas, mountain views, and riverfront. Welcoming and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants.
- You'll find 82 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Alamosa
- The closest major airport is in Alamosa, CO (ALS-San Luis Valley Regional), 44.4 mi (71.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in South Fork
The mountain views and riverfront exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Coller State Wildlife Area and Rio Grande National Forest. Skiing is a top activity, and Rio Grande Club is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad to your agenda.
In South Fork, you'll be able to select from 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Riverside Meadows Cabins - This 3-star cabin features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia travelers love its high-quality beds and location.
- Foothills Lodge and Cabins - Our customers love the quiet location and room size at this cabin. Amenities at this 3-star cabin include a spa tub and free WiFi.
- Wolf Creek Ranch Ski Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for South Fork
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 20°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 3°F at night
- South Fork gets about 10.00 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 4°F