Visitors can enjoy all that Svendborg has to offer including the local tours, museums, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Top sights around the area include Valdemar Palace and Egeskov Palace.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodations in Svendborg
- The closest major airport is in Sonderborg (SGD), 33.2 mi (53.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Svendborg
Cultural venues in the city include Social Welfare Museum, Naturama, and Maritimt Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Valdemar Palace and Christiansminde Strand.
In Svendborg, you'll be able to select from 50 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Stella Maris Hotel de Luxe - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its dining options and breakfast.
- Best Western Plus Hotel Svendborg - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Danhostel Svendborg - This 5-star hostel features free WiFi, free parking, and a conference center.
Top places to visit outside the city include Egeskov Palace, located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center, and Langelandsfort, which is 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away.
Getting Around Svendborg
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Svendborg Station or Svendborg Vest Station. Svendborg may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Svendborg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Svendborg gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 32°F