Visitors to Swakopmund are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, local tours, and museums.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodations in Swakopmund
- The closest major airport is in Walvis Bay (WVB-Rooikop), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Swakopmund
The city is notable for landmarks like Hohenzollernhaus, Marine Memorial, and Swakopmund Lighthouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and such places to visit as Swakopmund Beach and Namib-Naukluft National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are German Evangelical Lutheran Church and Old Country Court.
In Swakopmund, there are 79 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Namib Guesthouse - With a stay at this 4.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Cornerstone Guesthouse - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Swakopmund Luxury Suites - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Swakopmund
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Average annual rainfall for Swakopmund is 0.12 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 52°F