Visiting Tai Po
Visitors can enjoy all that Tai Po has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting and monuments. Top sights around the area include Mong Kok Computer Centre, Ladies' Market, and OCT East.
- There are 685 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 22.4 mi (36 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tai Po
The city's natural beauty is on display at Plover Cove Country Park Visitor Centre, Ma On Shan Country Park, and Pat Sin Leng Country Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tai Po Old Market is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hong Kong Institute of Education and Museum of Ethnology.
As you make plans for a getaway to Tai Po, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 25 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Bradbury Jockey Club Youth Hostel is 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the center of Tai Po. Guests who stay at this 1-star hostel in Tai Po can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- Island Shangri-La is located 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from the heart of Tai Po. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Hong Kong can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 8 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Royal Plaza Hotel is 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from central Tai Po. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Kowloon can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and overall condition.
Popular places to see around the area include Mong Kok Computer Centre, located 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Ladies' Market, which is 10.8 mi (17.4 km) away.
Getting Around Tai Po
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hong Kong Tai Po Market Station or Hong Kong Tai Wo Station. Tai Po might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Tai Po
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tai Po is 3.19 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 56°F