Visitors to Talkeetna are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, local tours, and riverfront. You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Denali.
Sightseeing and Staying in Talkeetna
The city's cultural venues include Aurora Dora and Talkeetna Historical Society Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Walter Harper Talkeetna Ranger Station and Talkeetna Riverfront Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Talkeetna. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Denali Overlook Inn - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Talkeetna Wilderness Lodge and Cabin Rentals - Our customers love the clean and comfortable rooms at this cabin. This 3-star cabin features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Loft Cabin - Amenities in this 3.5-star cabin include a kitchen, free WiFi, and a furnished balcony. Expedia customers like its proximity to the airport and comfortable beds.
Getting Around Talkeetna
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Talkeetna Station or Talkeetna Station. Talkeetna might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Talkeetna
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 40°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 20°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 49°F and nighttime averages of 7°F
- Talkeetna gets about 28.03 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 7°F