Visitors to Wasilla are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and sightseeing tours. A top sight in the city is Iditarod Trail Headquarters.
- You'll find 359 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Anchorage
- The closest major airport is in Anchorage, AK (MRI-Merrill Field), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Anchorage, AK (ANC-Ted Stevens Anchorage Intl.), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wasilla
The city's cultural venues include Dorothy G. Page Museum and Alaska Museum of Transportation & Industry. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Iditarod Trail Headquarters and Alaska Live Steamers.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Wasilla. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pioneer Ridge Bed & Breakfast Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Alaska's Lake Lucille B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Alaska Adventure Unlimited Chalets - With a stay at this 3.5-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A top sight outside the city is Sullivan Arena, 29.6 mi/47.6 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Wasilla
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Wasilla Alaska Railroad Depot. Wasilla might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Wasilla
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 42°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 52°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- Wasilla gets about 16.65 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F