Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Tautira has to offer. There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.), 35.2 mi (56.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tautira
Places to visit in the larger region include Motu Nono, Maui Beach, and Gauguin Museum. Additionally, you'll find The Water Gardens of Vaipahi in the area.
As you plan your trip to Tautira, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 12 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Vanira Lodge is 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the center of Tautira. This 3.5-star lodge in Teahupo'o features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Our customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Pension Teva I Uta is 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from central Tautira. This 2.5-star pension in Mataiea features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Relais Maroto is located 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from the heart of Tautira. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Papeno'o can enjoy access to a restaurant and a private balcony.
Dressing for Tautira
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 71°F at night
- About 68.74 inches of rain falls on Tautira each year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 69°F