Visitors can enjoy all that Thuwal has to offer including its university setting. The closest major airport is in Jeddah (JED-King Abdulaziz Intl.), 43.8 mi (70.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thuwal
The university setting is a highlight of the city and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you'll find Bay La Sun Beach in the area.
Dressing for Thuwal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 98°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 99°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 96°F as the daytime average and 66°F as the nighttime average
- Thuwal gets about 0 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 98°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F