Those traveling to Tierpoort are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Top sights around the area include Voortrekker Monument and Kruger Museum.
- You'll find 1083 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Pretoria (PRY-Wonderboom), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tierpoort
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Voortrekker Monument and Kruger Museum. Additionally, you'll find Silver Lakes Golf Course and Rietvlei Nature Reserve in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Tierpoort, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 52 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Watercrest Venue is 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star guesthouse in Tierpoort features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Kitty Hawk Lodge is located within 2.4 mi (3.8 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star lodge in Tierpoort features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Zwavelpoort Guesthouse is located 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Tierpoort can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private living room.
Dressing for Tierpoort
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 84°F and the nighttime average to be 59°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 56°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tierpoort is 28.66 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 42°F