Visiting Torres Vedras
Visitors to Torres Vedras are sure to enjoy the golf courses, spas, and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and monuments. Top sights in the area include Castle of Sao Jorge, Santa Justa Elevator, and Rossio Square.
- You'll find 3367 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 26.7 mi (43 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Torres Vedras
The city's natural beauty is on display at Santa Cruz Beach, Porto Novo Beach, and Lisbon and Tagus Valley. Golfing is a top activity, and AdegaMae Winery is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Torre Vedras Castle to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Torres Vedras. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dolce CampoReal Lisboa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Well Hotel&Spa - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Praia Azul - This 3-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its beach locale and clean rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Sintra National Palace, located 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Quinta da Regaleira, which is 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away.
Dressing for Torres Vedras
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Torres Vedras is 0.98 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F