Visiting Tuxtla Gutierrez
Visitors to Tuxtla Gutierrez are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, local tours, and parks. Top sights in the city include Marimba Park and Tuxtla Guitierrez Central Square.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- The closest major airport is in Tuxtla Gutierrez (TGZ-Angel Albino Corzo Intl), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tuxtla Gutierrez
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of the City of Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Coffee Museum, and Emilio Rabasa Theater. Favorite family attractions include Miguel Alvarez del Toro Zoo and Parque Convivencia Infantil. The city is notable for landmarks like Tuxtla Guitierrez Central Square, Chiapa de Corzo Plaza, and San Marcos Cathedral.
In Tuxtla Gutierrez, you'll find 69 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Diverxo Hotel & Villas - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hilton Garden Inn Tuxtla Gutierrez - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fiesta Inn Tuxtla Fashion Mall - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Tuxtla Gutierrez include Marimba Park. A top sight in the surrounding area is Canon del Sumidero National Park, 6.7 mi/10.8 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Tuxtla Gutierrez
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 94°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 96°F during the day and 67°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Tuxtla Gutierrez gets about 43.23 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F