Visitors can enjoy all that Valparai has to offer including the waterfalls, temples, and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Valparai
- The closest major airport is in Coimbatore (CJB), 33.3 mi (53.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cochin (COK-Cochin Intl.), 48.4 mi (77.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Valparai
Notable city landmarks like Aliyar Dam Park and Temple of Consciousness might be worth a visit. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Valparai, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 8 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Coco Lagoon by Great Mount Resort is located 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the heart of Valparai. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Pollachi can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- Hotel Holiday Break is 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from central Valparai. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Valparai can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Le Meridien Coimbatore is 32.7 mi (52.7 km) from the center of Valparai. This 5-star hotel in Coimbatore features 4 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Valparai
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Anaimalai Road Station or Pollachi Junction Station. Valparai may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Valparai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 98°F and the nighttime average to be 65°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 98°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 66°F at night
- Valparai gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 97°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 66°F