Visiting Van Wert
Visitors can enjoy all that Van Wert has to offer including the live music, coffeehouses, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and breweries.
- You'll find 40 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lima
- The closest major airport is in Fort Wayne, IN (FWA-Fort Wayne Intl.), 32.9 mi (52.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Van Wert
The city's cultural venues include Van Wert County Historical Society and Van Wert Civic Theatre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Smiley Park and Hickory Sticks Golf Club.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Wert - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Van Wert
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.57 inches of rain falls on Van Wert each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F