Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lima, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, university setting, and museums.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in Lima
- The closest major airport is in Marion, OH (MNN-Marion Municipal), 55 mi (88.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lima
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Van Wert Civic Theatre, Armstrong Air and Space Museum, and Van Wert County Historical Society. Favorite family attractions include Allen County Fairgrounds and Wapakoneta WaterPark. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Indian Lake State Park, Indian Lake, and Grand Lake St Marys State Park.
In Lima, there are 53 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Wapakoneta Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Lima - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lima, OH - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Lima
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Lima gets about 38.30 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F