Families enjoy visiting Defiance though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, football games, and festivals.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Defiance
- The closest major airport is in Toledo, OH (TOL-Toledo Express), 35.7 mi (57.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Defiance
The city's cultural venues include Spangler Candy Store Museum and Tour and Fulton County Historical Society. Favorite family attractions include Fulton County Fairgrounds and Williams County Fairgrounds. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sauder Village and Stoney Ridge Winery.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Defiance. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montpelier - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wauseon - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Defiance
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Bryan Station. Defiance might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Defiance
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Defiance is 36.90 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F