Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vernal, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its museums and monuments. A top sight in the city is Dinosaur National Monument.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Vernal
- The closest major airport is in Vernal, UT (VEL-Vernal Regional), 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vernal
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum and Western Heritage Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dinosaur National Monument and Roosevelt Golf Course.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Vernal. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dinosaur Inn & Suites - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Ledgestone Hotel Vernal - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Vernal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 9°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vernal is 9.25 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°F