Visiting Wadden Islands
Visitors can enjoy all that Wadden Islands has to offer including the beaches and aquarium. This city also attracts tourists with its rural and quaint setting. Top sights in the city include IJsselmeer and North Sea.
- There are 224 hotels and other accommodations in Wadden Islands
- The closest major airport is in Groningen (GRQ-Eelde), 51.7 mi (83.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wadden Islands
Cultural venues in the city include Centrum voor Natuur en Landschap, Centrum De Noordwester, and Nature Center Ameland. The city is notable for landmarks like Brandaris Lighthouse, Hollum Lighthouse, and Schiermonnikoog Lighthouse. The city's natural beauty is on display at IJsselmeer, North Sea, and Nes Beach.
In Wadden Islands, there are 224 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel de Walvisvaarder - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Molenbos - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Greenside - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Planetarium, 11.6 mi/18.6 km from the heart of the city, and Het Princessehof, which is 19 mi (30.5 km) away.
Dressing for Wadden Islands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Wadden Islands gets about 31.64 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F