Visitors can enjoy all that Wahpeton has to offer including the zoo, cafés, and waterfront. In Wahpeton, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Fargo, ND (FAR-Hector Intl.), 45.7 mi (73.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Wahpeton
The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Elsie National Wildlife Refuge, Hankinson City Park, and Chahinkapa Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hankinson City Hall and Chahinkapa Zoo.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wahpeton. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Wahpeton - This 2.5-star hotel features 20 restaurants, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Baymont by Wyndham Wahpeton - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Rodeway Inn Wahpeton - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Wahpeton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be -1°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 2°F at night
- Wahpeton gets about 25.08 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°F