Visitors to Walker are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, shopping, and cafés.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Walker
- The closest major airport is in Bemidji, MN (BJI-Bemidji Regional), 32.5 mi (52.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Walker
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Leech Lake, Chippewa National Forest, and Itasca State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Northern Lights Casino and Mississippi Headwaters.
In Walker, you'll be able to select from 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Red bridge Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- C'mon Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Country Inn Walker - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Walker
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be -1°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 0°F at night
- Walker gets about 27.87 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°F