Visitors to Waterloo are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses, monuments, and festivals. Top sights around the area include Horta Museum, European Union Parliament Building, and Church of Our Blessed Lady of the Sablon.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Waterloo
- The closest major airport is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charleroi (CRL-Brussels South Charleroi), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterloo
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Horta Museum, European Union Parliament Building, and Church of Our Blessed Lady of the Sablon. In the area, you'll also find Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium and Museum of Musical Instruments.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Waterloo. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Martin's Waterloo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Martin's Grand Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Ibis Brussels Waterloo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Manneken Pis Statue, 9.6 mi/15.5 km from the city center, and La Grand Place, which is 9.7 mi/15.6 km away.
Getting Around Waterloo
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Waterloo Station. Waterloo might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Waterloo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 34.41 inches of rain falls on Waterloo each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F