Visitors to Wavre are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and theme park. Top sights around the area include European Union Parliament Building, Horta Museum, and NATO Headquarters.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Wavre
- The closest major airport is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charleroi (CRL-Brussels South Charleroi), 18.8 mi (30.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wavre
A couple of favorite places to visit are Golf du Chateau de la Bawette and Walibi Leisure Park. In the area, you'll also find European Union Parliament Building and Horta Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Wavre. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Hotel Wavre - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and quiet location.
- Hotel Wavre Brussels East - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Wavre Brussels East - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see outside the city include NATO Headquarters, 13.4 mi/21.6 km from the city center, and Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium, which is 13.5 mi/21.7 km away.
Getting Around Wavre
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wavre Station, Wavre Bierges-Sixflags Station, or Bierges-Walibi Station. Wavre may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wavre
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 32°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Wavre each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F