Visiting West Brabant
Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in West Brabant, which is also known for its forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, churches, and theme park. Top sights in the city include Grote Markt and Biesbosch National Park.
- There are 77 hotels and other accommodations in West Brabant
- The closest major airport is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 29.9 mi (48.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Brabant
Cultural venues in the city include Breda Museum, Biesbosch Museum, and Breda's Begijnhof Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Grote Markt, Breda Castle, and Begijnhof. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the forests and Biesbosch National Park.
In West Brabant, you'll find 77 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Nassau Breda, Autograph Collection by Marriott - This 4.5-star hotel in Breda Centrum features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
- Hotel Central Restaurant Sistermans - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Centrum features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Villa BBB - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Efteling Theme Park, located 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Mill Network at Kinderdijk-Elshout, which is 19.1 mi (30.7 km) away.
Getting Around West Brabant
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Etten-Leur Station, Zevenbergen Station, or Breda Prinsenbeek Station. West Brabant might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for West Brabant
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 30.79 inches of rain falls on West Brabant each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F