Travelers to Winnipeg give high marks for the fascinating museums, fun sporting events, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Bell MTS Place, Forks Market, and Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- There are 114 hotels and other accommodations in Winnipeg
- The closest major airport is in Winnipeg, MB (YWG-Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Winnipeg
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Celebrations Dinner Theatre, and Riel House. Attractions like Assiniboine Park Zoo, Steinbach Aquatic Centre, and Kid City are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Golden Boy, Upper Fort Garry Gate, and Forks National Historic Site.
In Winnipeg, you'll be able to select from 114 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Grand Winnipeg Airport Hotel by Lakeview - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Canalta Selkirk - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Columns - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Winnipeg include Bell MTS Place, Forks Market, and Polo Park.
Getting Around Winnipeg
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Winnipeg Union Station. Winnipeg may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Winnipeg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -10°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 21°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and -7°F as the nighttime average
- Winnipeg gets about 20.23 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°F