Visitors to Winona are sure to enjoy the museums and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and churches.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Winona
- The closest major airport is in La Crosse, WI (LSE-La Crosse Municipal), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rochester, MN (RST-Rochester Intl.), 42.5 mi (68.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winona
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Polish Cultural Institute & Museum Annex, Winona County Historical Society, and Minnesota Marine Art Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Sugar Loaf, Garvin Heights City Park, and Lake Lodge Recreation Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Winona State University and St. Stanislaus Kostka Basilica.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Winona. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alexander Mansion Historic Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable beds and walkable location.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Winona - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Plaza Hotel & Suites Winona - This 3-star hotel features 2 indoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Getting Around Winona
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Winona Station. Winona may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Winona
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- About 35.16 inches of rain falls on Winona each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 13°F