Visiting Red Wing
Visitors to Red Wing are sure to enjoy the casinos, theaters, and live music. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Red Wing
- The closest major airport is in St. Paul, MN (STP-St. Paul Downtown), 36.2 mi (58.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Minneapolis, MN (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.), 39.7 mi (64 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Red Wing
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and cultural venues include Red Wing Shoe Store & Museum, Aliveo Military Museum, and Sheldon Theatre of Performing Arts. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Barn Bluff Park. The city's natural beauty is on display at Frontenac State Park, Lake Byllesby Regional Park, and Colvill Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Red Wing. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- GrandStay Cannon Falls - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and convenient parking.
- St James Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Red Wing - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Afton Alps Ski Area, located 23.5 mi (37.8 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Red Wing
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Red Wing Station. Red Wing might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Red Wing
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 6°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Red Wing is 33.50 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°F