Visiting York Beach
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in York Beach, which is also known for its shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Fort Constitution Historical Site.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in York Beach
- The closest major airport is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in York Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Long Sands Beach and Short Sands Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are York's Wild Kingdom and Nubble Lighthouse.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in York Beach. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bittersweet Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Union Bluff Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free valet parking, along with free WiFi.
- Stones Throw - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Fort Constitution Historical Site, 8.2 mi/13.1 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for York Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- York Beach gets about 50.91 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F